Àngela Puig’s main research activities are focused on water exchanges modelling within the continuous Soil-Plant-Atmosphere systems. It is particularly emphasized on the aspects related to the eco-physiological and hyperspectral response of tree plants and the linkages with soil water deficit.
- 2017 – Present PhD student at the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences (DiSAAA-a) of the University of Pisa.
- 2014-2016 International Master’s Degree in Rural Development, from the Department of Biosciences Engineering of the University of Ghent (Belgium), discussing the thesis entitled “Determinants of irrigation adoption in small cacao farmers in Ecuador”.
- 2009-2013 Bachelor’s degree in “Environmental Sciences” and was awarded from the University of València (Spain) for the best academic record of her promotion.
- May 2014 – August 2014 – Agricultural research insitute of València (IVIA). Position: research assistant on irrigation efficiency on vineyards
- October 2016 – May 2017 – Center of rural studies and international agriculture (CERAI), València (Spain). Position: researcher on agroecological food systems of València area (Spain)
- May 2017 – October 2017 – Spanish Society of Organic Agriculture (SEAE). Position: coordinator of projects and educational courses
- March 2017-Present KENEN Consulting (UK) Position: Social Environmental Consultant on Cacao producers’ initiatives
Lorenzo Bonzi is PhD student in the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment (DAFE) of the University of Pisa. As part of the experiences, the degree thesis and the research grant, he dealt deeply with the study of the water exchange processes that develop in the SPAC system (Soil-Plant-Atmosphere Continuum). Through bibliographic, field and laboratory investigations, has explored the following issues: laboratory determination of physical and hydrological properties of the soil; calibration procedures of instruments for measuring the water content (TDR, FDR, EMI) and the matrix potential of the soil; measurement of the water state (Scholander chamber) and transpiration flows of the plant and measurements of the spectral properties of vegetation with the aid of multispectral satellite images.
- November 2021 – Present PhD student at the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences (DAFE) of the University of Pisa.
- From May 2021 to October 2021 Research grant on expert systems applied in horticultural, fruit and greenhouse contexts. In this period he actively participated in the drafting of measurement protocols and various experimental activities as part of the project “Validation of a Decision Support System (SSD) for the expert management of pear irrigation”. Furthermore, he contributed to the calibration and validation of a High-throughput screening modular system for the crop drought and salinity stress response modeling.
- 2018-2021Sc in agri-food production and management of agroecosystems LM-69 (EQF level 7) at the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences (DAFE) of the University of Pisa with a thesis on “Design, Calibration and Validation of a wireless sensor network (WSN) for the precision irrigation of pear orchard”.
- 2015-2018 Bachelor degree in Agricultural Sciences L-25 (EQF level 6) at the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences (DAFE) of the University of Pisa with a thesis on “Hydrological properties of the porous media used in the green roof system”.
- 2015 High School graduation with Technical education, in Agricultural, agri-food and agro-industry address, Environmental and territorial management articulation in the High Institute “E.Santoni” Pisa. Where he learned skills in the organization and management of production, transformation and enhancement of plants and animals and in aspects relating to land management with particular regard to environmental, hydrogeological and landscape balances.
- Masters Microchip Conference in Berlin (2018)
- University of Microchip Master in Monaco (2007)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science (University of Udine, 2006)
- Master in Internet Technologies (University of Pisa, 2005)
- Degree from the University of Microchip School of Embedded Control Solution (Arizona, 1995)
- Design Consultant for Microchip Arizona in Italy (420-0093) in 1995
other works in the field of agrohydrology:
- Design and implementation of the power control for SAP-Flow sensor;
- Design and construction of the power control module for load cells to be used in microlysimeters;
- Study for the realization of the data acquisition section with A/D conversion to be used for SAP-Flow and microlysimeters systems;
- Design and implementation of a remote control unit for field acquisition of analog and digital signals;
- Study of a TDR-based soil moisture probe integrated in growth pot.